Paying attention

It's not the first time it's happened, but I'm going to make sure that it's the last.

While I was doing the dishes this morning a half dozen scenarios, threads of action and dialogue camped out briefly in my head. Rather than peel of those rubber gloves and take off after those ideas, I parked them in my brain. Right. And forget to set the parking brake.

A busy, emotionally and physically taxing day passed and by the time I sat down here, all the birds had flown the coop. Next time I do the dishes (it's not a daily event) I'll make sure that the laptop is down in the kitchen with me.

This is NANOWRIMO month. Rather than commit to pounding out what might be 50K of nonsense, I plan on culling the 110K that I already have and reading a couple of novels that have been on my list and celebrating someone elses  hard fought victories.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pillow Talk

S3:E82

S2:E53